BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, May 3, 2009

True Love.

I try not to be too sentimental on this blog...I try to keep it light. I hate those blogs that make me cry at my desk. But, I have a story I want to share. Kleenex may be needed...



Let me preface it with this: my baby sister is almost 7 months pregnant. I can't believe it. I am excited beyond imagination to meet my nephew. But, she is a hell of a pregnant woman. Much like myself, she hates being pregnant. She is constantly whining about her back, her feet, her clothes...and I am constantly having to tell her that I PROMISE it is all worth it. If it wasn't, why would people do it more than once? It is worth every single second. Here's a little glimpse why:



My grandfather, Papa John, passed away in his sleep last night exactly 3 months to the day that my grandmother, the love of his life died. I knew from the minute my grandmother passed that Papa John did not want to be here without her. He was lost from the minute she was gone. His sadness is something most of us, thankfully, have never known. I know he is so much happier with my grandmother and with God. Nevertheless, when I received the call this morning, I was sad. I sat down in my chair and cried. Jackson saw me crying and immediately climbed up in the chair with me and wrapped his arms around me:
Jackson: Mommy...why are you sad?
Me: I'm sad because Papa John went to heaven to live with Nana and I am going to miss him.
Jackson: Why did he go to heaven and not stay here? Well, when we get old God comes to get us and takes us to live with him in a much better place and he decided it was time to take Papa John.
Jackson: Oh. Well, Mommy, don't cry. I can be your grandpa now. I can. I can be your grandpa so that you don't miss Papa John.
Me: Thank you baby.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Stace-You and your family are completely in my prayers tonight.

When you see Jackson in the morning give him a big ol hug from me and Gabriel and tell him he's gonna be the best PaPa ever!

I swear children know just what to say at the hardest times. I know my mom still whispers "the right words" into Gabriel's ear at those moments that I miss her the most. He sees that Im sad and he says exactly what I need to hear to be happy again.

Please give your Mom my love and, as always, let us know if there's anything we can do
Amy

Claudia said...

I am so sorry about your grandfather's passing. And there, you did it... you made me cry at my desk. I can't decide if the title of your post is meant to be about the true love between your grandma and grandpa or between you and Jackson. I really think my kids are my true loves... I'm sure you feel that way about yours. Jackson is so sweet. Glad you had him to console you. My thoughts are with you and your family.