BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, January 23, 2009

RUNNING & RUNNING & RUNNING

Okay, so I am absolutely positive that most of you don't give a damn about this, but I am posting this here because mostly everyone I talk to reads this and will hold me accountable. Are you ready?? I am warning you...you may laugh. Actually, some of you who really know me may fall on the floor laughing...but here it goes...

I have decided today that I am going to start running. I am not making any sort of grand plans like that I will run a 5K (yes, I know that's not a lot to some of you) in a few months or anything. I am just going to start and see how this goes. It is entirely possible that I may die. But, I feel confident that with the help of my mother and father, Nathan and the kids would survive without me, so I am giving it a shot. I have a lot of running friends these days and they have inspired me to get off my deadwood ass and give it a try.

So, stop your giggling and give me some encouragement. But, most of all, be sure to ask me "So, how's the running going?" That way I know that you are expecting to hear that I am weeks away from running a marathon and I will be highly embarrassed if I have to tell that I am still sitting on the couch thinking about running. By the way, I am expecting myself to run further than the refrigerator.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Stacy! You and Bo can be running partners. What the heck. I just started to catch up to your cooking abilities-now I need to start running? I give up-You've got me beat!

Anonymous said...

Go chica! I am so proud of you for starting this. YOU CAN DO IT! If we lived closer to each other I would do this with you. Good luck!

Stacy Fetterman said...

That's awesome! I'm jealous. I really wish I had the motivation to keep working out once I start. Maybe after I have this baby we can run together but I'm just letting you know that I will probably only do it for about 6 weeks.

LMR said...

Yay, Racy! I'm so proud of you!

Sara Moon said...

Awesome! You can do it. Keep it up!!!!!