The week before last Nathan's dad and step-mom left in the middle of a beautiful Utah Autumn and flew into the disgusting Houston humidity...fortunately towards the end of their trip, we had a couple of good weather days. Grandma McCarty was in the Houston Quilt Show at the George R. Brown where her quilt was one of 8 finalists...out of hundreds of quilts from around the WORLD. I can't believe I didn't take a picture of it, because it was truly amazing. I didn't even know that quilts could look like this! I can assure you that this ain't your grandma's quilt...it's Jackson and Hudson's grandma's quilt, but not your's! Ha. Okay, that was LAME. Anyways, she also won the viewer's choice award for her quilt. She is seriously famous amongst the quilting community. But, we were so happy that they got to visit. Nathan and his dad took the boys to the zoo on Friday and we all went to the quilt show, lunch, and Discovery Green Park on Saturday. It was really nice to spend some time with them and the boys had a great time. We can't wait until next year's quilt show! 
The Beauty of Growth
11 years ago




0 comments:
Post a Comment