BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, September 4, 2008

My First Day of School by Jackson McCarty

I FINALLY got this computer away from my mom so I could tell you guys what's really goin' on around here. I mean, mom is all about me sharing MY things, but she won't even think about sharing her stuff. Anyways, so I started school this week. As you can see I was a little skeptical at first: I even tried to tell mommy that I wasn't going. I tried to tell her that the kids were mean. I tried to say I was sick and needed to go to the hospital. But, nothing worked. And then, they had to take pictures of me as I was walking out to the car. I was really afraid my boys in the neighborhood were going to get a glimpse of this...talk about embarrassing!
But, in the end I surrendered and it ended up being a lot of fun. I will admit, I put up a fight when mom left, but then I found out that they had truck books, birds, squirrels, and a dinosaur costume and I decided to play. Now you have to understand why I was skeptical. I mean, I went last week for some "meet the teacher" thing and we are all sitting in this gym and next thing I know some old man in a white robe comes in, raises his hand and starts talking really loud about some stuff I have never heard before. So, I asked mom (at a volume that she could hear over the loud man) "Mom, what's that man doin? What's his name? What's he talkin about?" But she wouldn't answer me...just kept shhhhhing me and the other people were laughing at me! It turns out that I go to a Catholic Mother's Day Out and this was some man called Deacon blessing all us kids. All of the other kids were completely silent like they had seen this craziness before. Momma said it's because they go to church and since she is "Ah-Choo", we don't go to church. I didn't know what she was talking about, so I just said "bless you" and moved on.
My point is, this was all a little foreign to me. New place. New people. But, I actually fit in quite nicely. I even made a friend named Ruby and my teacher Mrs. Karen is soooo nice. I decided I will go ahead and go back. So, until I can steal this thing away from my mom again- LATER ALLIGATORS!

2 comments:

The Pollards said...

Keegan's going to be a "Baptist" starting Monday at Second Baptist, so maybe he and Jackson can get together to discuss the woes of having moms that don't church...

Jenni McCarty said...

Jackson's getting so big! I can't believe he is already going to school.