BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Rant.

I don't usually use this blog as a place to rant and voice my opinion about controversial topics. The entire point of this blog is to keep our family and friends up to date on our lives. And, that will continue to be the point...right after this brief rant. This is MY blog and I will rant if I want to (just this once)...
Sarah Palin. I feel like there are a lot of women voters out there right now that think that McCain has really "done good" with his selection for VP. I think that many women voters think they are being all "revolutionary" and really making history by supporting a ticket with a female candidate. I have even heard that former Hillary supporters are now on the McCain/Palin bandwagon because they are voting for the "female candidate". Here's the problem: by voting for Palin, yes, you are voting for a woman, but you are voting for a woman that OPPOSES WOMEN'S RIGHTS. Please think about this. Palin wants you to choose her, but she she doesn't want you to have the right to choose what you do with your own body. So, if your objective in voting for McCain/Palin is to help women to take a step forward, you are doing the exact opposite. You are voting for a candidate that wants to take away a right women gained over 35 years ago. I understand if you feel that abortion is not the right choice for you...but, do you truly feel that it should be the government's choice for all women?

5 comments:

Sara Moon said...

Right on, Stacy Mc. Love you.

Anonymous said...

You go Racy!

Anonymous said...

I know! I read that she opposes putting polar bears in the extinct list. WHAT? That's just mean. :)

Missi said...

My thoughts exactly!

Sarah and Rob said...

Great post Stacy!